Sundays have been really good lately. At the moment they are my favourite day. (We are still trying to find a church so at the moment we are not going to church.)This is what happens on a Sunday:
1) I wake up
2) From whenever we wake up 'till about 10ish I relax watch a movie or read.
3) I get ready and go outside for some fresh air. Mum and some of the family garden with me for a couple of hours.
4) The family and I have a late lunch of toasted cheese sandwiches (or something like that).
5) We get all washed up and I cook something. (2.30-4ish).
6) Then I do homework or anything I need to do.
7) Have a lovely dinner (maybe even dessert).
8) Spend time with the family.
It has been so good and I enjoy it so much. Last week I made a 'Golden Syrup and Ginger Apple Cake'. It was really nice. (I remembered to take photo's):
175g (1/2 cup) golden syrup
250g (2 cups) self-raising flour
2 1/2 tsp ground ginger
165g soft brown sugar
2 apples, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C. Line cake tin with baking paper. Pour half of the golden syrup in the bottom of the cake tin. Smooth it out with a metal spoon which has been run under hot water. Sift the flour and ginger into a bowl. Add the sugar and apple, then the egg, buttermilk and 125g of the butter, melted, and stirred until just combined and smooth. Pour into cake tin and bake for 1 hour and 30 min.
Once cooked tip upside down. If you want you can heat the rest of the butter and golden syrup and use it ass a glaze/sauce.
Yesterday I did an Irish dancing competition. I came 5th. I was quite scared but my family were really encouraging. I really enjoyed myself. I was really excited and I couldn't stop smiling.
Tonight I am going to make stuffed mushrooms for tea. For dessert (if I am allowed) I am planning to make the coffee and chocolate self-saucing pudding again. It was too good! (I'll give you the recipe for the mushrooms soon).
What do you do on Sundays? Have a great week!