Saturday 16 June 2012

The First

Hello Everyone,

This is my first blog and I am very excited! I am sitting by the fire thinking of what to write. Today has been great fun and I am sad it is going to end. A great friend has come up to stay and we have had a really nice time. Today I made some chocolate brownies and went to my creek. There it is so magical. There is fallen trees covered with moss and a trickling creek that sparkles. To get there is quite an adventure and that is what I like about it. These pictures on Pinterest remind me of it:


Rainforest


rainforest
Moss
Beautiful Shelby Forest

The chocolate brownies were the ones that Donna Hay made. They taste really nice with walnuts! Here is the recipe: 

  • 200g dark chocolate, chopped
  • 250g butter, chopped
  • 1¾ cups (310g) brown sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • ⅓ cup (35g) cocoa powder, sifted
  • 1¼ cups (185g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
  • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
 Preheat oven to 160°C (325ºF). Place the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
 Place the sugar, eggs, cocoa, flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and mix until combined. Pour into a 20cm-square slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 50 minutes or until an inserted skewer withdraws clean. Allow to cool slightly in the tin before slicing. Serve warm or cold. Makes 16 slices. Yum!

I forgot to take pictures. (They went too quick)!
I hope everyone has a great Sunday and I suggest to look at:

Grace <3



No comments:

Post a Comment