Saturday 7 July 2012

Girls Time

I adore my mum. She is the greatest woman on earth. I love her so much and she is so kind. A few nights ago she sent my brothers up to my Grans for three nights. We had some special girls time. It was amazing because we got to do things, eat things and watch things that we can't normally do with my brothers. I had an  unforgettable experience. 
That first day after dropping the boys of at Grans we went home and only had a little amount of time to do stuff before the end of the day. So we went to the shops and bought yummy-ness. Then we went home and started making dinner. We made brushetta. It was delicious. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 stick of sourdough bread
olive oil
dried Italian herbs
3-4 tomatoes
salt for taste
1 clove of garlic


Method:
Cut the stick of bread into 16ish pieces. Add a generous amount of olive oil to a frying pan and put a few pieces of the bread on. Fry 4 min each side or until the sides are golden. Meanwhile chop up tomatoes to your preferred size. Add as much herbs as you want. When the bread is cool rub with garlic.
Enjoy! 

After a wonderful dinner we got snuggled in our P.J's and was going to put on a movie but we couldn't find one so we ended watching River Cottage. It is about cooking. For dessert we had hazelnut chocolate. (My favourite).While we were watching River Cottage I brushed mums hair. Normally she does that to me but I thought I'd do it to her. Brushing your daughters hair is the most special thing. Look at this awesome blog
The second day we took a train to the city. I got a hot chocolate.

In the city we went and did so much. The first thing we did was go to the state library. 


As you all know I love library's. It was indescribable. It had books on anything you wanted to look at. Then we explored some of the backstreets of the city and had lunch at a very sweet, squishy cafe. We ate focaccias. We went to St Paul's Cathedral, looked at different shops, federation square and just enjoyed being together. 





Later that night when we were back at home we had a really yummy dinner of sour-dough bread, sauteed mushrooms, a variety of cheeses and cold meats. That night we painted our nails red. We watched "Letters to Juliet". It was the most sweetest movie. If you think your ever to old for love then watch this movie. For dessert we ate biscotti and cookies and cream ice cream. Yum!


The last day of our many days together we went op shopping and to a different library. The stuff you find in an op shop is amazing. We found heaps of stuff and we really enjoyed it. The library was the best one in the area. It was pretty fabulous. I borrowed SO many books. That day I really didn't feel well, so for dinner I didn't eat anything interesting. (Unless toast is interesting). I love my mum and I was so honored for this time with her. That night we watched "Becoming Jane". It was the life story of Jane Austen. (The writer for Pride and Prejudice).
The next morning the boys came back and I was actually really happy to see them. They are nice boys and I love them so much.
The time with was lovely and amazing but there is also nothing like the normal life you live. But who can not love a girls weekend with your daughter or mum? What do you do for your girls time?


Grace <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment